Omaha wildlife removal - article of the month
How to catch a raccoon without a trap
Raccoons are medium-sized mammals that are native to North America. They are often found scratching in the Omaha raccoon removal garbage cans of homes. This is due to the fact that they are known as one of the most omnivorous animals in the world. Raccoons are usually nocturnal but may venture outside during daylight hours in order to procure food. They can become quite a nuisance to homeowners.
Capturing a raccoon
Raccoons are intelligent creatures who are not easily trapped. This makes them very difficult the get rid of. Because trapping a raccoon is illegal in most states you will have to be inventive in order to get these critters off of your property.
Depending on how Omaha snake removal brave you are, there a few ways to capture a raccoon without a trap
1. The bare hand catching method
This might sound crazy but there are people who manage this.
· You will need to approach the raccoon slowly and without making too much Omaha rat control noise. It would be advisable to approach it from the back as they will run if they observe you coming.
· Once you are close enough, simply reach out and grab the raccoon. It would be a good idea to transfer it to the desired area as soon as possible. It will scratch you if given the opportunity.
There are some YouTube videos that can help you master this.
2. Herding it
This might be an easier undertaking, but you will still need to remove the raccoon once it is herded.
· This is the easiest way to get a raccoon to go where you desire it to. This is extremely Omaha rodent extermination effective if the raccoon is trapped in your home and you cannot get it to leave on its own.
· Take a blanket or towel and use it to “herd” the raccoon in the direction of the room that you want it to go into. If you can find someone to help you by holding another blanket, you might be able to do this relatively easily.
· Once you have the raccoon in the desired location you can contact an animal expert to come and extract it for you.
Make sure to wear protective gear when approaching any Omaha bat removal wild animal. They will scratch and claw at you in order to get free. This is especially true of firstname.lastname@example.org raccoons which have recently given birth.
As it is illegal to trap raccoons in most states you might have to seek an alternate way to get rid of them.
· Exclusion funnels. These funnels are quite handy as they allow the raccoon to exit the area but shut the door behind them. This means that they are incapable to enter your property once they have left.
· Deterrents. This may be your safest Omaha bird control bet. There are various forms of wildlife deterrents available. They range from motion activated sprinklers to predator scent. You might have to try a few of them before you find one that keeps your property raccoon free for good.
Other Omaha animal pest control topics:
What should I do if I find a nest of Omaha snakes?
What are some of the symptoms of a sick Omaha house mouse?
What to do If I Find Omaha Roadkill
Ways to let Omaha flying squirrels out of the attic
We can deal with a whole host of wild animals, but we specialize in the removal of entire bat colonies from attics. We can remove the colony of bats using exclusion methods, without harming a single one of them, and once all bats are gone, we will seal up the hopes so the flying critters can’t come back in. We can also offer assistance if you’re in need of bird control services - we will take preventative measures to ensure pigeons and other birds cannot roost on the roof of your building. All of our wildlife control work is done to the highest standards, taking into consideration the welfare of the animal itself, as well as getting the job done properly for you - the homeowner. With over ten years in the business, we know our stuff, and we know that the inhumane methods, such as using poison, never works. That’s why we aren’t exterminators. Using just exclusion devices and live cage traps, we’ve proven that you can effectively take out, and keep out, those wild animals without the need for harmful procedures. For more information, or for a free quote, give us a call today. Our 24/7 operators are both friendly and informed, and we can usually book you same-day appointments for both commercial and residential properties.
We service Dodge County, Washington County, Pottawattamie County, Saunders County,
Sarpy County, Cass County, Harrison County, Mills County, and more. We also service
Council Bluffs, Bellevue,
La Vista, Papillion, Blair, Glenwood, Plattsmouth, Ralston,
Arlington, Ashland, Eagle, Gretna, Springfield, Valley, Wahoo, Weeping Water, Louisville,
Yutan, and more.
We are ready to solve your Omaha wildlife removal issue!